MiscellaneousCrafts

Mirror Ball for Cats

Vote for this contest contender!

I made this mirror ball for my daughter's two cats. I have never done this before so I will tell you right now I made a lot of mistakes. You will be advised on how to do it properly.

Total Time: 1 Hour

Yield: 1

1. The first thing I realized was the ball was heavy. I will get a hollow wiffle or foam ball next time. I used the pliers to insert the darning needle in for a hanger.
  2. I began to glue the mirror pieces on and found you couldn't get them very close. With another ball and smaller pieces you can. Besides, cats aren't that picky.
  3. I found a spice lid to set the ball in for ease of working. Then I finished the mirror pieces.
  4. I threaded 6 yards of thread through the darning needle and tied a double knot at the end, touching some hot glue on it. With some knots in the thread so it won't twist, it's ready to hang up.
  5. Now I will tell you what not to do.
  6. Ad

7. Don't get rubber, it's too heavy. If you find a wiffle ball it has holes you can easily hang them from. If you use a foam one, just use a large darning needle and thread it through the middle and tie a knot or glue it at the bottom. Use E-6000 or another glue that will hold the mirror pieces on better. One of mine has popped off already. If you can, use smaller pieces of mirror.
  8. And lastly, if you find something that reflects even better, like faux crystals, use that. I hope these tips helped.