More State Fair Projects

I made three really cool things for the 2019 State Fair, with wonderfully detailed photos of each step; even winning a 3rd place for one of them. Then, while sending the photos from my phone to the computer, I accidentally deleted them before they had a chance to load.

Yes, I have searched everywhere, even having my daughter AKA Computer Guru, help. Sadly, they are just gone.

So, here are the finished products, with as many details as I can 'recreate'.

Total Time: 6 hours

Yield: 3

Source: Some help from images on line, but the shoes were all mind

1. The steps for these will be limited, with no photos. But, I will do my best to tell you what I did even if I can't show you.
  2. For the shoes, I chose all second hand stuff. The shoes were 4.00, the earrings on the back were 2.00, etc. I wanted them to be classy without being gaudy. The earrings went on the back, with a tiny resin heart below.
  3. The sides, had a bit of the flat faux pears you get on strings.
  4. The front was fun, too. It had the ribbon, cut like a butterfly. Then, the same faux pears strip across the front, and a faux gem in the center of the butterfly. Viola'
  5. The peeking kitty wall hanging was fun. I soon realized however, that the green buttons I chose for the eyes didn't "pop" like I had hoped. Live and learn.
  6. Advertisement

7. I picked all the same color, so it would be easy to see the shape on the blue background. I found images of these and recreated the shape, even finding little "upside down heart" buttons for the ears. I hot glued the fabric to the cardboard, and put the felt over the corner folds.
  8. Leaving room for the eyes and putting them in last, allowed me to put little buttons around them first. Then I put the edge of the wall on, covering a "fraying" end with a gem, too.
  9. Advertisement

10. The last craft was what I won 3rd place for. The "Some See a Weed Some See a Wish" is all over Pinterest, but my spin was what got me the white ribbon. The large (closest) and small (furthest) thistle are tile spacers you get in any hardware store.
  11. I made the blades, then the writing, before I glued anything. That way, I could make a mistake. I actually made 5 but had lots of paper. Once the "background" was right, I began putting on the spacers.
  12. The glue was easy to apply as the center of each spacer had room for just a tiny bit, and I didn't have to put it on the four pieces that made up the crossbar affect. I also knew the glass would hold them in place. One the gluing was done, I put it inside the frame and sealed the back.
  13. NOTE: If you do this, get a shadow box. Even 1/4" leeway would have been grand as the spacers made the back of the frame bulge just a bit.
  14. Advertisement

15. So, there you have the best I can do to share this with you all. N-JOY!!

Crafts MiscellaneousNovember 6, 2019
🎄
🍂

MiscellaneousCrafts