I have been making homemade brownies for many years. This recipe is a winner for me, because they are easy, tasty, and moist.
Total Time: Prep time 10 minutes Cooking time 25 minutes
Yield: About 16 large brownies or 32 small ones
Source: Just looking through different recipes on line, and mixing ideas from them.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour an 8x8 inch square pan or dish.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, butter and water. Cook over medium heat until boiling. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted and smooth. Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into chocolate mixture. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes in preheated oven, until brownies are set. Do not over bake. Use a toothpick for doneness.
- Cool in pan completely before cutting into squares.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!