My Boxer Won't Eat After Being Spayed

We had our 4 year old female Boxer who was spayed a week ago. She only eats some canned food, but not her hard food. She just lays around and sleeps. She does drink water and goes out take care of her business and comes in and sleeps. How can I get her eat her hard food and be more active?

Has she been back to the vet for her follow up? I would just in case something else is going on. I am guessing, however, that she is just the gal on the slow part of the bell curve of recovery. Some pups pick right back up on their full activities the next day and some take a little longer.

What I would check is that none of her teeth were damaged during the anesthesia (intubation) and make sure her throat was irritated during that part of the procedure...that is possible just like in people, and that may be why she only wants the soft food.

That she is drinking, pooping and peeing is great!! I would me more worried if she wasn't doing that. Double check with the vet and post back with an update! Prayers for the pup!! Thanks for being responsible and getting her spayed!! Blessings to all!!

I would call the vet. You want to make sure she has no infection. The not drinking concerns me more than the not eating.