My Healthy Dog Died Suddenly?

My dog had no medical conditions to my knowledge. He got routine shots and heart work tests. Yesterday, he woke up really excited and happy as usual. I went to help him onto the bed and right as I reached for him his facial expression changed. When I got him on the bed, he fell to his side and shook for a few seconds. He lost control of his bowels and peed. Once he stopped shaking he went limp. He was gone. The whole thing lasted 10-15 seconds. I don't know what happened! I am devastated and keep thinking what went wrong.

So Sorry for your Lost!!!! Only a Vet can tell you what happened! It could mean so many things.But one thing is for SURE,He knew you LOVED HIM!!!!!Take care........

This is so sad and I am so sorry for your loss. The dog could of had a heart attack or even a seizure. It is very hard to say what actually happened. From what you have described, it sound more like a seizure that happened than a heart attack. The vet might be able to give you the exact cause of death but this normally means an expensive autopsy to find out why the dog actually died.

You have my deepest condolences on your loss. May your little fur baby's memory always be a blessing.

When did he have the shots and heart work tests? Was he being treated for a heart condition or is this just heart worm test?

Please let the vet know if this was very recent and ask for his/her input on what may have happened. Since the dog has an established vet, he/she may be able to offer you some insights.

I do know from experience that, like humans, you may never know why. That is very hard and it takes a lot to release the guilt. My late father always said when G-d wants you, he will take you and it is your time and that is that. Not our control, His control.

Please be kind to yourself and if you find you are having trouble managing your grief, it is important to seek help. Our animal shelters have groups specifically for people grieving the loss of a pet. Maybe yours does. Our local funeral home as a grief group for any one who has lost a person or a pet.

Take care and prayers for you and yours!

I am so very sorry this happened I am sure you couldn't believe it. From your description it does sound like he may have had a heart attack, stroke or grand mal seizure. You had given him wonderful care and nothing you did caused this. You happened to be with him so he wasn't alone and you were able to observe what happened.
Our furry family members are beloved as this one was. Rest easy that he didn't suffer.

My condolences. I am sure this was a shock for you. Your vet could have done an autopsy. It may be too late now. That is the only way you would know for sure.

My son dog was like that and we took him to the vet he had Epilepsy & seizures of course the people who had him first didn't bother to tell him he had anything wrong with him.poor thing had heart problems.

What a shock. We work so hard taking care of our little buddies and then a day comes and things are out of our hands. It is such a helpless feeling.

I am so sorry for your loss. It does sound like a heart attack or stroke. It is hard to get through times like this when you have not had time to prepare yourself. Do reach out to support groups if you need help.

💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/My-Healthy-Dog-Died-Suddenly.html