NamesBusiness

Name Ideas for a Positive Parenting Business

Need help naming my Positive Parenting business, but need a good name that is not taken. The focus will be on redirecting children's behavior.

Journey to Wellness

Interesting idea.

If you are a PhD/MD/DO/MSW, using that your name and (and any other degrees) will be most professional business name. You can add tag line of specializing in positive parenting. To me, this is not a business I would want to go to if it had a cutesy name.

Be sure to consider adding the LLC after your name if your state permits that business designation.

Best wishes!

In case you are not familiar (I know I wasn't until a few years ago) the term LLC stands for "limited liability corporation" and something you have to form with a lawyer, in keeping with your state's requirements.

I should have spelled that out in my original message...I don't like it when other people use initials without explaining them and then I go and do it my self...my apologies.

In my state small business owners usually go one of two ways--as a sole proprietor or as an LLC. LLCs offer additional protections if people ever sue you.

If you go Sole, many do use a "does business as" (DBA) where they have a fictitious name which they register with their state. In my state you do not need a lawyer to set up the DBA, but you need state paperwork to give to the bank....and the state paperwork is pretty intense.

By the way, and this is all assuming you are US based, which I probably should not since we have such a wide readership here...but if you are US based, check out your local Small Business Administration offices and work with them to help you get started if you can.

Their services are free and if yours are like mine, they are just amazing and will help you get your business off on the right foot!

Here is some info on them: www.sba.gov/.../find-local-sba-office

Positive Guidance