Needle Not Working Properly on Bernina Machine

Why does my needle goes up and down very slowly? I have a Bernina Artista 180. Today I tried to sew and the needle would barely go up and down when I pushed the foot peddle. In fact, it would only go up and down once with each push on the foot pedal. I can I fix this?

By Marianne S

Nearly all of my sewing experience is with Singer machines but I do know that Bernina machines have a speed feature, could you have accidentally slowed down the stitching?

What does the user guide/owner's manual say?

Don't have the guide? Bernina has a great reputation for after-sales support. I'm sure you could go to their website and download a free copy of your user guide/owner manual. Print it out if you can so that you can have it handy when sewing.