Nose Bridge for Masks

Have you and your friends save the metal closures from coffee bags. I use them for my masks. Works wonders when wearing glasses.

awesome idea

I just discovered that unused twist ties that come with some small plastic lunch bags also work (just don't know how to attach them to the mask).

Anonymous

Try using a large zig zag stitch directly over it. Good luck

Masks definitely fit and work better when they can be fitted tightly to the nose and cheeks. By far the best solution I've found is rubber-covered wire from the Dollar Store meant to attach plants to trellises, etc. (The rubber covering is green, and this comes on a card in the garden supply area.) Cut a piece of wire about a 3" long. (Push back the green covering at each end and trim the wire slightly to prevent the ends from poking.) Position the wire between the fabric layers and against the top seam.

Sew a straight line close to the wire, forming a "pocket" to keep the wire in place. This is more durable and comfortable than using uncovered wire or metal strips. The pocket keeps it covered, but allows it to be replaced, if needed. One package goes a long way!

Anonymous

I make masks and I use metal prong fasteners that you use in folders to hold papers. I cut off the two slim ends with a metal shear and insert one into the nose area of the mask. They are the perfect size and very bendable to your nose.

Crafts MiscellaneousJuly 9, 2020
🌻
😎
📓
😷
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Nose-Bridge-for-Masks.html

MiscellaneousCrafts