Old Dog Peeing in House

My 11 year old dog who has always been able to to hold it even up to 16 hours, has now started peeing in the house. On everything! I have had to rip up the carpet he has peed on it so much, but then he just finds a new spot.

He has always alerted me when he needs to go out, but not now. In fact last night he peed on the laundry. Two days ago he stood right in front of me and peed on the tile. I am overwhelmed. He does not have an infection and I am at my wits end. I live alone so I have no one to let him out when I am at work. I have a lab who has been with him for years so it is not a new pet. Please some advice?

By Jeanie

Answers:

Old Dog Peeing in House

Are you kidding me! 16 hours! Take him to the vet for a urinalysis. Don't let him go that long, it is not healthy, for him or anyone else. (06/22/2010)

By K9cats

Old Dog Peeing in House

It is possible for dogs to experience incontinence due to age. They do make doggy diapers. Being as how he is not notifying you may mean that he can't control it either because he has no idea when it is going to happen. Take him to the vet A.S.A.P. so that they can diagnose it properly. :) Good luck and give him a treat, it's not his fault. :( (06/23/2010)

By abrupt_silence