Opening an Antique Coin Bank

Category Antiques
If you have inherited or purchased an antique coin bank it might be difficult to discern how to open it. This is a guide about opening an antique coin bank.

Have you tried the combination? 000, 001 till 999? I opened a suitcase lock that way.

If it is rusty, you can use WD40 or sewing machine oil.

Source: my experience

I inherited this small tin bank (copper color) from my father and it is almost 75 years old (I think). I cannot find how to open it and other sites say just tear into it. I don't want to destroy it - just find out what's in it! Do you know how to open it?

By Linda

Answers

I don't know how you could open it but no, please don't destroy it! I don't suppose there is a maker's name or how about asking in a museum? How fascinating.Let us know if you find a way in. Lucky you!
Marg from England.

Have you thought of taking it to a locksmith's business & seeing if they can find a way of opening it, without ruining it? Beautiful item to treasure, of your Dad's.