Oven Roasted Vegetables
Cut up your favorite veggies, toss with olive or other oil, and seasonings and roast for a scrumptious main dish or side. This is a guide about making oven roasted veggies.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This recipe is for roasted potatoes and brussel sprouts. I made this recipe without fat or oil but it may be made with oil.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 3 potatoes
- one bag brussel sprouts
- 3 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp turmeric
- other spices as needed
- 1 onion
- 1/2 stick butter or 3 tablespoons oil
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Cut up the potatoes and onions. Wash the brussel sprouts.
- Spray Pam on a cookie sheet. Spread out potatoes and brussel sprouts.
- Add all spices liberally. If you want you can mix all the veggies in a bowl first, and then mix them with the spices so that they permeate.
- Optional: drizzle butter or vegetable oil on top.
- Generally will take at least 30 minutes to cook, but to make sure they're done; stab a potato slice and a brussel sprout to make sure it comes up soft. Also when it starts to smell done you know it's ready and you turn it off.
Cut up, oil and season your favorite veggies then spread on a cookie tray and place on the VERY BOTTOM of your 450 degree F oven floor.
Turn the veggies after about 10 minutes and cook until done; usually 20 minutes does it. Veggies come out perfectly browned and with a nice crunchy taste!