Package Shipped by USPS Not Delivered

My friend from Oregon, USA sent me a gift through USPS. The package was sent to me on April 26,2016. The company said that the package would be delivered to me in 5-10 days, but as of now it has not been delivered. How can I get the package?

If the package was sent by the US Post Office, there should be a tracking number to trace the location. You can file a claim with the USPO to find your package. If you do not have the tracking number, you can still file a claim but finding the package may be much more difficult.

I do not know what type of service was used as you say it is from your friend but a company sent it?
This is barely 10 days and it is possible the company did not actually ship the package on the day it was ordered.

Perhaps your friend can contact the company and ask for a tracking number? That might provide more current information and your friend will have a better chance of getting information as the sender instead of you as the "recipient".

I do not believe you can actually file a "claim" unless the package was insured but you can request a "tracer".

I try to use a BOL template and a packing slip. I am working on a App to tie them all together as a virtual reference to what I ship. See Baergistic.com if interested in the app, or the process.

First day would be 27th and Sundays do not count....?
Depending on the company they should be able to track it too.