Mail Sent USPS Not Received

My sister sent a priority mail containing an international passport to me from another state. We tracked it and showed that it was scanned into my mail box, but I didn't find it in my box. I've complained to the USPS, they promised to investigate, but I've yet to hear any positive news about it from them.

Please what steps can be taken to get the mail because it takes a fortune to replace the passport.
Regards.

It is possibly lost in the delivery process, or more likely, someone may have realized there was a passport inside and stole the letter-from your box or along the delivery process. If your sister did not insure the letter or package (should have!), you may not recover your investment.

That's f'd up .I mailed a check via the post office on Sept.16,2016 it never arrived. it was going from west Phila. to Northeast Phila. The postal worker told me it would probably arrive the next day.

I had to pay for a stop check and go through some very unnecessary issues. They say they deliver Rain, snow, sleet or hail, that's bull the post office system sucks. I mailed it on a nice sunny day.

Have you had problems with your mail service before?
Did you try to question the carrier as they may remember something - but I would not count on it.
Is this a regular box by the street or an apartment?
Did you also ask Neighbors ?
I am sure you have already done most of this but just in case ....

Try your local postmaster again as repeated inquires may help get more attention. A personal visit is better and you can also try the customer service division in Washington - get the information about who to contact on Google.

Also, most Priority Mail now has free insurance coverage so your sender and you should check on this also.

I believe you are supposed to contact someone if your passport is missing - lost or stolen - so you should check into that also.

My friend sent me a card in the mail last Friday morning and it still did not get to me. I check with my post office and the said the mail went out for the day in my area and I still did not get it. What do I do not