Pain and Lump After Tongue Piercing

I had my tongue pierced 4 days ago and I'm a bit concerned. My tongue gets sensitive each time I have my barrel in and there's a lump around it. It's kinda red on the bottom. Is it normal?

Best Answer

Please talk to your doctor ASAP if not sooner! Any pain, lumps, redness, or sensitively after a tongue piercing (or any piercing) is of concern and needs to be checked by a medical expert. Hopefully the doc/nurse will tell you it is all normal, but you don't want to risk an infection in your mouth. This can be VERY serious and is nothing to mess with. I will send up lots of healing prayers!

If you have pain, you may be getting an infection. I would take the barrel out.

I would take this very seriously - it could be an infection. Not long ago I saw a horrific youtube video of a woman who had gotten an industrial piercing (as what they are called) and she had pain and her tongue blew up and she ended up going to the emergency room and they told her that if she had waited a day she might have been dead

it's not necesarily the fault of the peircing place - this is a very delicate area

And lastly, don't wait for your post here to be posted. Days will go by before TF can catch up. Go on www.webmd.com or go to the local clinic.
As for piercing your tongue well that is pretty much self explanatory.

Health & Beauty AdviceAugust 12, 2018
🎂
🎃
🌻