Parvo Positive Dog Not Eating?

My dog has tested positive for the parvo virus and has been confined in the vet clinic for 3 days. He hasn't eaten anything for 4 days total. He has been on IV fluids and the vet is putting antibiotics and liquid vitamins in it. Should I be worried?

Have faith in the veterinary care and keep thinking positive. You did the right thing by getting your pup care. He is getting nutrition through the IV so that is good.

Prayers for healing! Post back with an update

This is quite normal. When the dog is sick it will not eat. I had one of my dogs spend 8 days at the vet and for the first 6 days, he was on an IV and did not eat. Finally, he started to eat small amounts of food. The vets are there to monitor the dogs and to take care of them. You have to trust your vet and allow them to do the job. I was so worried about my dog and how skinny he was. The vet told me this was normal and he had enough weight on him that he would be fine for a few days of not eating. He said as long as he was getting enough hydration it would be fine and it was best to not force him to eat just yet.

Not to worry, this is normal and your fur baby is in the right place. They are giving him nutrients so he can be on his way to getting stronger. There is a process with this virus, and each animal handles it different.

He is definitely on the right track. When they release him, be sure to ask questions on his care for home. What to expect, in his further healing. Sending Thoughts and Prayers !

Pets Dogs HealthDecember 3, 2020
🎄
🎉
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Parvo-Positive-Dog-Not-Eating.html