Perm Straight in Places

My hair was one length just below my shoulder blades. I showed the stylist a pic of a shag. I needed a perm as I had straight hair. She first cut the length off, then permed, and then cut style. The neck fringe is poker straight and the fringe in front of my ears is uneven and poker straight. I had this style years before and they cut the style then permed and it came out great. Should I let them know or let it grow out and then go back and ask that they do it the way that worked for 5 years?

Go back and let them know asap-- I would not wait on it

The formula used 5 years ago may be different than the formula used at this visit. You need to go to the salon and have them fix it.

I'd go back and tell them you're not satisfied. See if they can fix it the way you want it to be.

It seems you are saying this is a different (new?) stylist? It seems that way from your question and if so, it would be very easy for the stylist to not know exactly how you like your style. But, regardless of the reason, you should let the salon know that you are not satisfied with your perm and doing this ASAP would be best.

You may even want to wait a few days between perms (your choice) but let them know in detail what you do not like about your cut and perm.