Permed Hair Not Curly Enough?

I'm a seasoned hair stylist who doesn't take any short cuts when it comes to hair. The other day I had done a perm on a client with fine hair. I followed the directions down to a T. When I checked the rod I saw the S pattern. The client left with wet curly hair.

I had asked her if she could take a picture for me when I dries. When I received the photo my jaw hit the floor. It wasn't very curly at all and it was frizzy! Not what I expected. Has this happened to anyone? And how soon should I wait to re-perm? I would refund her money, but it's not my shop and the owner would never. I am at a loss for words.
Shampooed lightly
Applied pre treatment
Rolled the hair
Saturated the hair with waving solution
Processed for 18 mins (max time was 20) S pattern was there after ten but kept it on longer for extra curl.
Rinsed with warm water for 5 mins (as directed)
Applied neutralizer for 5, then rinsed for 5.
Had her leave with wet hair.

Best Answer

Did she shampoo when she got home? Is she on medication? Those two things can affect a perm.

Best Answer

My grandmother had very thin hair and it was so hard to perm her hair. I know when she had her hair permed the perming gel could not stay on the whole 20 minutes and had to be taken out after 10 minutes.

It is hard to perm this type of hair and to do it again too son will really damage her hair. I do not think you did anything wrong it is just the type of hair and how fragile this hair really is.

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips StylingDecember 2, 2019
😷
📓
😎
🌻
🐛
Generated 2020-07-18 21:54:18 in 819 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Permed-Hair-Not-Curly-Enough-4.html