Persian Lamb Kabobs
This is a very simple yet extremely delicious recipe for authentic Persian lamb kabobs. If you don't have a barbecue grill, use your broiler.
Total Time: 20 minutes (3+ hours to marinate)
- 1 lb boneless lamb filet or boneless lamb chops, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium onion
- 2 lemons
- 1 Tbsp plain yogurt
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Grate onions. In a bowl, combine lamb, onions, juice of 2 lemons, yogurt, salt and olive oil. Let marinate in the fridge for at least 3 hours. Remove from fridge 20 minutes before you plan on cooking, to bring it to room temperature.
- Thread lamb chunks onto metal skewers. If you don't have any, you can soak bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes and use them. For wider meat, use two skewers per row.
- Add any other types of vegetables desired onto other skewers. I used tomato halves and mini peppers.
- On a barbecue, grill for about 5 to 8 minutes per side. If you're using your broiler, this may take about 5 minutes per side, depending on how close to the heat the rack is. You want to get a slight char on all the meat and veggies.
- Serve with buttered basmati rice and sumac. Perfection!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!