Pickled Onion Recipes
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
August 28, 2019
Read More Comments
Pickled onions is a must have in our refrigerator. They are very easy to make and are great in sandwiches, tacos, burgers, wraps, salads, and so forth. You can store your pickled onions in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes + cooling time
Yield: 1 jar
- 1 white onion
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup limes
- 1/2 Tbsp salt
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Slice onions of your choice. I used white onions.
- Measure ingredients out and pour into small saucepan.
- Over medium heat, cook mixture and stir until sugar is dissolved - this process will be about 3 minutes.
- Add sliced onions into jar.
- Pour heated mixture into jar of sliced onions. Allow mixture to cool before storing in refrigerator. Ready to be eaten the following day and lasts up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
2 More Recipes
Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.
Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 216 Posts
September 23, 2011
Crispy, crunchy, pickly onions to make a good salad great!Read More...
Many years ago I was invited to share a meal with a couple who belonged to a volunteer group where I served. The wife was from a well-to-do family in Mexico...Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.