Pita Sandwich With Homemade Spread
I am too frugal to spend my money out on a lunch each day. I take classes 4 full days a week. Everyone goes out and buys pizza, sub sandwiches, Chinese foods, etc. There is no way I will even start doing that. Most of the time, I bring what ever I make from my dinner the night before.
Now with the hot weather, I love cold sandwiches. Though I am fussy about making them fresh and not soggy for the next day.
- Sandwich Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Hellman's mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Dijon brown spicy mustard
- 1 Tbsp dill relish
- Tbsp salt & pepper to taste
- Sandwich Fixings
- 4 slices Plum tomato, paper thin
- 1 handful romaine hearts, chopped fine
- 1 Joseph's pita bread, cut in half
- 1/8 lb rare roast beef, thin sliced
- 1/8 lb provolone cheese, thin sliced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Mix sandwich sauce ingredients and put into a tiny container.
- Chop lettuce and slice tomato. Put in a ziplock bag.
- Slice cheese and roast beef. Put in a ziplock bag.
- Cut pita bread and put half in ziplock bag.
- At lunchtime, take your pita pocket and open gently. Fill the bottom with a handful of lettuce, and a few slices of tomato. Then a spoonful of dressing spreading it across the bottom. Add 1/2 of the provolone cheese slices, and the slices of roast beef. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Add more lettuce and sliced tomato, and another large spoonful of dressing. Top off with 2 slices of provolone cheese, a dash of pepper.
- Lie pita sandwich flat. Hold it tightly together and using a sharp serrated knife, cut in half.
This make a delicious salad and roast beef sandwich in one. Enjoy! :)
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!