Places to Recycle Prescription Bottles

Does anyone know of missionary projects that are in need of used pill (medicine) bottles? Had heard that the Methodist Missionary project used them at one time. I would like to get a project started through my church if possible. If not, I have several to donate on my own.

By Marsha from Eskridge, KS

Best Answer

I get different sizes of prescription bottles and ask for the non child proof tops and when empty i use them to mix paints, divide kinds of buttons, small nails, small screws, seeds, dried herbs for teas (these I put in the door of the freezer) and all small objects I usually will misplace goes into a bottle and then placed in the room or place where I store the things that go with it. Even my router bits are kept safe in a large bottle or 2 because the South has lots of moisture and keeping it out is a chore in itself. Happy bottling and you can burn them too.

Please DO NOT BURN
MED BOTTLES! We as a nation have done enough to destroy the ozone layer; we as humans have already done enough to destroy the ozone layer, world wide!

When we call for "burn information", one thing they stress, IS NO BURNING OF PLASTICS, of ANY TYPE.

Please do not burn plastics. Burning releases toxic smoke and ash into the air, water and soil.

www.no-burn.org/.../

I always keep an old bottle to carry around some "emergency" pills (Clonzapam which is a controlled drug... I have in a dissolving form for seizure prevention emergency when I feel it coming on. I also have Xanax... I keep on me for panic attacks. My adderall needs to be taken 3x a day.)
Been the victim of some jerk stealing my WHOLE Rx too many times.
3 other seizure meds, althizmers meds(I'm 30... brain damage) and all my vitamins sleep aids and kava at home.

Prevents going 2 jail!

Editor's Note: Both of these websites are no longer in operation.

Scroll down on this page, to the part that says donation:
www.aboutmyplanet.com/.../

There are some donation suggestions if you look here, too
www.blisstree.com/.../
Hope this helps!

Anonymous
Best Answer

Churches that participate in Operation Christmas Child will sometimes use medium to large pill bottles to make gifts: I have used them for fishing kits; some crafters use them to make sewing kits, etc. Right now I'm trying to find the right size pill bottle to hold quarters so that we can give these out to members willing to fill them up and return them to the church to help us with the shipping of our OCC shoeboxes.

I've just discovered a place for my own >100 prescription bottles and will soon be preparing them per their guidelines.

Matthew 25: Ministries. Here is their website address: m25m.org/.../

Best Answer

I have researched this and this is a church that I found that you can donate all of your empty pill bottles to. Please put them inside clear Ziploc bags and send them to this address below. Thank you and God bless you!!!
Matthew 25: Ministries
11060 Kenwood Road
Cincinnati, OH 45242

m25m.org/.../

Great idea!

Please forward address to send plastic prescription bottles including quarter size.
Thank you

To: A Pragmatist
I went to the link you posted and you are wrong. This is what it says about prescription/vitamin bottles.

Can prescription or vitamin bottles be recycled?
A. Yes, we can accept prescription and vitamin bottles in curbside recycling. Please remove the lids and any personal information from the label.

Source:www.ecocycle.org/.../containers.cfm

It's about half way down the page. I suggest to check with your local recycling center, most places take them now.

Editor's Note: This website is no longer in operation

Editor's Note: This church is no longer in operation and a different church is located at that address.

We are looking for empty prescription bottles for a missionary project in the congo. You can mail them to our church; Presbyterian Church of Glenview, 3030 Central St, Glenview, IL 60025. Pass the word. Thank you.

Editor's Note: This organization no longer accepts prescription bottles.

The American Foundation for Children with AIDS (www.AFCAids.org) is looking for empty, clean prescription bottles. If anyone has any, please send to:

AFCA
6221 Blue Grass Avenue
Harrisburg, PA 17112

thank you!

tanya

According to this link, http://www.afca  volved/wishlist, they are NO LONGER taking prescription bottles.

Does your organization still accept pill bottles? If not. Do you know whom might be happy to receive a shipment?
Thanks

I checked online and it appears that they no longer accept them. I have heard that vets will often accept them but it would depend on your local area.

Good luck and let us know if you find a location to take them.

Better Living Green Living Recycling PlasticFebruary 2, 2010
🌻
🎂
📓