Plastic Bottle Top Container

Category Containers
This is a guide about making a plastic bottle top container. Reuse a bottle top and 2 caps to make a handy pocket container.

I love making these containers. I store everything in them, big and small, depending on the size of the bottles and caps I use. You can just stick them in your pocket or drop them in your purse and feel safe knowing the contents of the container won't fall out. All you need for this craft is an empty plastic bottle with cap, a matching cap from another bottle, a knife, and hot glue.

Total Time: 15 minutes

Yield: 1 container

• 1 empty plastic drink bottle
  • 1 matching bottle cap (could be a different colour, needs to be the same size)
  • serrated knife or scissors
  • hot glue gun with glue

1. Cut off the top of the plastic bottle at the neck. I used a serrated knife because the bottle I used was thick. You can use scissors if you have a thin bottle.
  2. Warm up your glue gun. Line the inside of the unattached bottle cap with hot glue.
  3. Attach the bottle cap to the other side. Squeeze to secure and let dry a minute or two. This will be the base of the container, untwistable.
  4. Ad

5. Decorate the top that you will be twisting. I used a sticker in this demonstration. You can paint, bejewel, or write "open" to remind yourself that's the accessible side.
  6. Fill your cute little container, twist on the top, and enjoy!
  7. Ad

Cut the tops off of two soda bottles with the caps on. Glue them together, then take off one top and add your rings. Put the lid back on. A handy way to keep rings safe.

Videos

Make handy containers for pills or other small items with recycled plastic bottles. Learn how to make them in this short video.