Popsicle Stick Desktop Organizer
Vote for this contest contender!
This colourful desktop organizer is made from a toilet paper tube and Popsicle sticks. Here, I've used it to keep my brushes organized, while the vivid colours help inspire me to create. I've added a small bowl for mixing colours. This organizer can also be used to hold pencils. Just replace the bowl with erasers or a Post-it note pad. The possibilities are endless! This is a great craft for kids.
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 1 organizer
- coloured Popsicle sticks
- craft glue
- wire cutters or very sharp craft scissors
- cardboard tube from toilet paper
- Lay several Popsicle sticks side by side.
- Put a good amount of glue down on another stick.
- Press down across the top of the sticks. Allow to dry a bit.
- Glue another stick down in the middle, then one more at the bottom.
- Use the wire cutters to cut about 7 or 8 Popsicle sticks in half. This ensures a clean cut, keeping the ends from fraying.
- Glue a half-stick on the inside of the cardboard tube, keeping the rounded end peeking out. Hold firmly in place for a minute.
- Continue adding the sticks all around the inside.
- Now glue full length sticks on the outside of the tube.
- Apply a generous amount of glue to the bottom of the tube, then attach to the platform you created earlier. Allow to dry, then fill with brushes, pencils, whatever you fancy.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!