FilipinoInternational

Pork Binaguongan

This recipe is close to the famous Filipino dish "adobo". Pork is mixed with spicy sweet anchovies which we call "baguong". Also a very well known dish and an all time favorite.

1. Simmer pork in a mixture of water, salt and vinegar. Wait until water is completely reduced.
  2. Add a small amount of oil, add the garlic and onion and cook until meat turns brown and slightly crisp on the sides.
  3. Pour in oyster sauce and mix well. Then add the anchovies and continue mixing for 5 to 10 minutes.
  4. You can add pineapple tidbits with its syrup on the last minute. Then serve.
  5. Ad

Anonymous

Where do you find the anchovies? i have a recipe that uses them and I haven't been able to find any. Now I'd like to try your recipe but I've now doubled my problem. I can't find the darn things! Maybe I'm looking in the wrong part of supermarkets? Help!

Yummy! Thanks for sharing this!