Pork Menudo Recipe
This hearty Filipino dish uses pork, tomato paste and vegetables to create a savory stew. It is very popular to serve at parties.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
A traditional food recipe for Filipinos, and it has been mix with different version on it. This recipe was combined in a Filipino/Spanish way because Spanish people has a big influence in my country. Why not try this recipe at home? It's very tasty and healthy! I usually prepare this if there is a big occasion. Happy meal everyone!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 pcs. pepper (cut into thin slices)
- 1/2 kg pork (cut in cubes)
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 2 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups white beans
- 1 cup green peas
- 1/3 cup Menudo Mix seasoning
- 3 potatoes, cut in cubes
- 2 carrots, cut in pieces
- Saute garlic, onion, and pepper in 2 Tbsp. of oil.
- Add 1/2 kilo of pork, cut into cubes and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup of tomato paste, and 2 1/2 cups of water. Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Next add the 2 cups of white beans, 1 cup of green peas, 1/3 cup of menudo mix. Leave it for 5 minutes. This time the ingredients will be getting tastier and the soup is getting sticky.
- Last add the potato cubes and carrots cubes. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.