Spicy Sweet and Sour Pork Bites Recipe
This recipe from the Philippines features pork belies seasoned with ginger, onions, vinegar, and chili sauce. This guide contains a spicy sweet and sour pork bites recipe
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Our boys in the family always love saucy pork dishes especially when my father, brothers, and husband go for a drinking session. They always request this dish because it's hot, sweet, spicy, and crunchy.
- 500 g pork belly, cut into bite size
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 in ginger, cut into strips
- 2 red onion, cut into rings
- 3 Tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 3 Tbsp extra hot liver sauce
- Simmer pork in a cup of water, vinegar, salt and ginger for 5 minutes or until water is reduced.
- When the excess oil of the meat comes out, fry the meat with it until golden brown and crispy.
- Add the onion rings.
- Pour in the sweet chili and extra hot sauce. Mix well.
- Serve hot!