Potted Avocado Tree Wilted in the Sun

I have grown an avocado tree from the pit. I would say it is over 2 years old. It is 3 1/2 feet tall. I know it needs to go in a bigger pot, but I put it out in the sun (hot day 90+ degrees) and it wilted; have I killed it?

No, you just need to water it well.

No you haven't killed it. The tree is just in a little shock from the change. You are right this tree really needs to be in a bigger pot. The pot is way too small for one and the roots are taking up most of the pot so there isn't much soil left. The tree is dry from the heat and needs water. When you have a chance really change the pot or put the tree in the ground so it can grow properly.

Put it in a bigger pot and deep water it.Take outside and run the hose in it letting the water run out the bottom.It should perk back up.