Products for Hair Damaged by a Perm

A few months ago I got a perm. It was great the first 2 or 3 days, but after I washed it, it lost all texture. Now when I wash it, some hair falls out when brushing and while dry. I have to keep gel or mousse in it which makes my hair feel greasy and nasty, and it doesn't have the same texture and shine to it as it use to. I need a good shampoo and conditioner to get rid of the damage. Any good products?

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

You need to give your hair hot-oil treatments and deep-conditioning treatments. Avoid brushing. I would also contact the salon where you had this done.

I would get my hair trimmed to revive the strands then use a fortifying leave-in conditioner several times a week.

I once had a terrible perm that fried my hair. I cut off the most I could then used Mane 'n Tail Shampoo. After that there is Olive Oil spray for hair at Walgreens.

Makes hair silky and shiny without the greasy feeling. Continue slight trimming to cut off all the damage. My hair over the years grew down to my knees. There is hope. Good luck ! :)