Pumpkin Banana Muffins
These delicious, healthy muffins are a great way to use over-ripe bananas. I wanted to make these as low calorie as possible. You can sprinkle cinnamon-sugar on the top and add a pecan to each one. You can also add golden raisins or craisins to the batter.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 10 muffins
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt, vanilla or plain
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar (I used truvia blend)
- 1 medium mashed banana
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1 cup flour (I used whole wheat)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin tins.
- With electric mixer, beat egg, egg white and sugar 2 minutes. Note: I was too lazy to take out my mixer, so I whisked vigorously.
- Add yogurt, pumpkin, mashed banana and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add baking soda, allspice and flour and mix well.
- Divide evenly into the 10 muffin cups.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!