FreezerAppliances

Freezer Door Handle Came Off

Category Freezer

The door handle for my Kenmore Elite 2008 has come off. I've purchased every kind of hex wrench system and cannot seem to tighten the screw back in. Any ideas or suggestions to get my handle screwed back on?

I need help.

By Eric

Anonymous

Am honestly not sure but thinking those heavy duty plastic barbed and ribbed screw thread covers might do the trick and even perhaps coat the covers with a heavy duty glue before screwing it in. I wish I remembered what they are actually called (and even tried searching for a photo for you) but you've probably seen them and can get them at any hardware store. A sales person would most likely know what I am explaining. If you've never used one before be sure to ask for proper installation instructions.

Take the parts with you to the hardware store. Go to somewhere like Ace where there is actually someone who can help you (not one of the big box stores).

They should be able to sell you exactly what you need.

Super glue them in, maybe.