Quick and Easy Blueberry Muffins
Muffins on the go are especially good when they are made easily at home with blueberries. This page is about quick and easy blueberry muffins
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
One bowl and one measuring cup to dirty! I got my frozen blueberries and baking powder at Dollar Tree. I did substitute Truvia blend for the sugar, used whole wheat flour and whey from yogurt making for the milk. I topped mine with cinnamon instead of sugar to save calories. These can be stored at room temperature for 3 days and can be frozen for 3 months.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Source: Facebook cooking group
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, plus 1 tablespoon for muffin tops
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 1/2 cup milk of your choice
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries. If using frozen, do not thaw.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add oil to a measuring cup that holds at least 1 cup. Add the egg then fill the jug to the 1 cup line with milk. Add vanilla and mix.
- Add milk mixture to the bowl with dry ingredients then use a fork to combine. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Line the muffin tins with paper liners. Divide the batter into 8-10 muffin cups. Put a little water in the unused cups. Sprinkle tops of muffins with remaining sugar.
- Bake about 20 minutes, or until done. Cool on wire racks.