Quick and Easy Blueberry Muffins
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts
One bowl and one measuring cup to dirty! I got my frozen blueberries and baking powder at Dollar Tree. I did substitute Truvia blend for the sugar, used whole wheat flour and whey from yogurt making for the milk. I topped mine with cinnamon instead of sugar to save calories. These can be stored at room temperature for 3 days and can be frozen for 3 months.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Source: Facebook cooking group
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, plus 1 tablespoon for muffin tops
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 ' 1/2 cup milk of your choice
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries. If using frozen, do not thaw.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add oil to a measuring cup that holds at least 1 cup. Add the egg then fill the jug to the 1 cup line with milk. Add vanilla and mix.
- Add milk mixture to the bowl with dry ingredients then use a fork to combine. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Line the muffin tins with paper liners. Divide the batter into 8-10 muffin cups. Put a little water in the unused cups. Sprinkle tops of muffins with remaining sugar.
- Bake about 20 minutes, or until done. Cool on wire racks.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.