Healthy Blueberry Muffins Recipes
Blueberry muffins are great way to start the morning. This page contains recipes for healthy blueberry muffins.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Blueberry and almond oat muffins make a convenient breakfast for on the go. Each muffin is packed with plenty of protein, nutrition and tastes delicious!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 1 dozen muffins
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 3.5 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 baker's extract
- olive oil
- Combine rolled oats, baking powder, ground sugar, maple syrup, bakers extract and milk. Mix together.
- Fold in blueberries and almonds.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin with cupcake liners, grease cups with oil and evenly distribute batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until your desired liking. Allow muffins to cool afterwards.
These were economical as well since I used frozen zucchini from my garden, free applesauce and Dollar Tree frozen blueberries. I did substitute Truvia brown sugar blend for the maple syrup to reduce the sugar content even more.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Source: Facebook group
- 1 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour or whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (1 medium)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract (I used 1 1/4 tsp. vanilla)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, or any milk
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin tins so the muffins do not stick.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in one bowl.
- In another bowl combine the zucchini, maple syrup, extracts, olive oil, egg and milk. Combine well.
- Put a well in the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients and combine.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Fill tins 3/4 full.
- Bake 19-22 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove muffins and finish cooling on the racks.
An easy and healthy blueberry banana muffin packed with oats, hemp seeds, and flax seeds. This makes a great morning breakfast for the kids on the way to school or as an evening dessert treat!
I've been making muffins so I can have a quick, nutritious breakfast on a workday morning. I made some substitutions in the recipe to use ingredients I had in the house. This is a keeper!
I got this recipe from the owner of a gym. They are very healthy and have no added sugar.