This is a yummy, healthy bread recipe that even kids seem to enjoy!
- 1/2 cup soft margarine
- 1/2 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Beat butter and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time; beat until fluffy.
- Blend in honey and buttermilk.
- Mix flour and baking soda. Add ginger, cloves, cinnamon and salt; stir.
- Stir flour mixture into cream mixture, add nuts and raisins.
- Spoon batter into greased 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour. Cool 10 minutes in pan.
By Robin from Washington, IA