Re-dyeing Hair

I went to the salon today with blonde hair I asked for a dark blonde color. I walked out and noticed my hair looks grey! Can I box dye it the dark blonde I want?

Best Answer

You should return to the salon! You did not receive the color you wanted and the hair stylist apparently did something wrong? The salon is responsible to provide the service you paid for so return, explain the problem and the salon should correct the problem for your hair.

I went to stylist & wanted medium blonde but got very pale blond. I look washed out. Went back & she put another more golden toner on it. Still looks awful. Can I color myself & when?

I had my hair dyed at the salon I have been going to for 6 years same stylist It was my first dye job from there I wanted honey blonde with highlights I got burgundy hair with bleach blonde chunks,was totally upset she told me to come back the next day, I did she handed me a paper to sign saying the procedure I had done recently to my hair was a result of the medication I was on or previous chemicals on my hair nether is true I refused to sign it, I am out $150 and the salon is A cut above the rest in Woodbury New Jersey and Gina WAS my stylist

Best Answer

I think what you have is ash blonde. I color my hair myself and right after I color it, it also looks grey. Clairol Nice'n Easy ash blonde. After about 5 washings, it lightens up considerably.

Wash it every day for a week before you take drastic measures. If you still don't like it, return to the salon. Don't try coloring it yourself since you don't know what the salon used and applying another color might damage your hair..

I agree with DCA. There may have been some misunderstanding between you and the hairdresser as to the color you wanted. If your hair appears grey, a drab color may have been applied to your hair. If you wanted a dark gold, neutral or reddish blond, the hairdresser should be aware of this before beginning the procedure.

I do not recommend you coloring your hair at home. The product you would purchase would probably be for virgin hair. Yours is no longer virgin, it has been treated. If the product was applied to virgin hair, you might get a color close to the color shown on the box. But, you, would get a color unlike the one shown on the box because you would be adding the color in the bottle to the grey color already in your hair. Adding gold or warm color to drab color would more than likely result in a strange shade of green. The hairdresser may need to remove the first color before applying another.

Anonymous

I think so but wait 3 month

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips ColoringNovember 18, 2015
🎃