Re-dyeing Hair

Last night I had attempted to dye my darkish brown hair blonde with a semi-permanent hair dye. I didn't like the results no blonde was made to my hair. How long will it be till I can re-dye my hair?

Best Answer

Semi-permanent hair color washes out in 6-12 shampoos. Wash it every day and you ought to be able to color it in a week or so. BTW, you can't lighten your hair with a semi-permanent hair color because it has no peroxide (that's what lifts the color out of your hair). Hope it works out better for you next time!

So what type of dye do u recommend to lighten it

The only way to lighten hair is to bleach the pigment out. Any dye will be deposited on the top of your hair so the color underneath always shows through.

check your local drug store...there are a few products that can take the colored dye back out of your hair...I believe one is named Color Zap...but make sure it is not a product that strips YOUR original color out as well...

Good Luck!

Dyed MN y hair from med red to blonde gone some orange bots help ok though but need to re dye