Re-dyeing Hair

I naturally have dark brown hair, 2 days ago I box dyed my hair trying to get a blondish caramel color, instead I got an ugly reddish brown. Would I be able to dye it again on top of that and finally get a color I want in this case burgundy since the other color didn't work out. lol

If it is permanent dye it is recommended to wait two weeks.

You can go darker with little difficulty. Going lighter is harder to accomplish. Read the box of dye you used, it will tell you if you have to wait to recolor.

I'd recommend you give your hair a rest, a few weeks, and even get it cut, before trying to redye it. Meanwhile, see if you can find some Roux Fanci-Full Color Styling Mousse in a darker color. It's a setting-type mousse that washes out.

I get it at a local Sally's Beauty Supply, and it might be available on Amazon.

I do blonde highlights on my light brown hair, and if I leave the color on too long, it will be too yellow for me and I'll use the mousse for a few weeks until I can redo the lightening. It also covers gray.

If you're trying to make it lighter again, wait 4 weeks. If you want darker, try a semi permanent as soon as you wish and see what comes of it. I love semi permanents!

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips ColoringMay 17, 2019
🍂
🎄