DamagedHair Tips

Rebonded and Dyed Hair Damaged

Category Damaged

I just had my hair rebonded and dyed last Sunday. First they left on generous serum on my hair. They said that it is a protection serum. Then they applied by section the 1st chemical for rebonding. After an hour and a half they washed it and blow dried and they started ironing it. After that, they applied the neutralizer + treatment and without washing they applied the permanent hair dye. After about 45 minutes to 1 hour they washed my hair again and blow-dried. From the hair root to about 4 inches of my hair is smooth and shiny the latter is a little porous (buhaghag) and frizzy at the nape. They keep telling me my hair is resistant that's why the result is not as good as I expected.

They even told me I can wash it even after a day. And so I did. After shower, I fan-dried my hair and it was like I didn't have a rebond. So I decided to go back to the salon on Tuesday. What they did is they repeated the process of rebonding. After all the processes, my hair inside got frizzy and it isn't a good result still. I can't do anything now. I am seeking for advice what can I do to frizzy hair? Rough and curly hairs. This really hurts me. I lost 60% of my hair (length.) Please, please help me about it. Thank you!

By Krisriel V. from Angeles City, Pampanga

sorry about this experience. Most likely your hair was 'stressed out' due to chemical processes, and even burned/damaged.

You could go back to a pro to try to put it all together again, or you could give yourself a break and seek natural products to add life back into your hair. a coconut oil or egg yolk hair mask that you leave on for 45 minutes then wash off (be careful of coconut oil, it's super oily and you ahve to wash out multiple times) or a vinegar rinse can help.

Go back to the salon and speak to the owner. Get a full refund. In the meantime, give yourself weekly hot oil treatments and leave your hair alone for a few months.