Receiving Social Security Survivor's Benefits

My father died 3 years ago of cancer at a young age. Am I able to get his Social Security benefits? I am a single mom of two and I am having a hard time making ends meet. This would help me greatly.

By Julia

Best Answer

Survivor's benefits are for spouses and children under the age of 18. If you are 16 and unmarried, you may be able to draw. Check with your local office.

I'm not sure about this, but being you are an adult I honestly don't see how you would qualify for survivor's benefits from your late Dad's Social Security. It would be different if you had a spouse and he had died. Call your local Social Security Office and make an appointment to talk to them. You aren't the only one having a hard time making ends meet, there are a lot of people in that situation.

Please help me.the father of my daughter is australian citizence but last sept.27 2016 he passed away.. I want to know if our daughter is qualified for child support from aus.government..my daughter is now australian citizence by descent but still here in philippines because she is only 16 how can i know if her father have left some inheritance money for her...my daughter father body was donated to one of the medical science institute in NSW..

Only if you are under 18. Sorry.

Anonymous

No, you would have had to have been married to the kid's father and if he passed away, you and the children would receive social security.

Hi - you should be checking with your local churches and your local Human Resources for benefits that are available (other than the ones you probably already receive). There are many benefits available for children.

Places like this may not be able to help you but may have a list of places to check.

Business and Legal Legal General AdviceJanuary 20, 2014
🐛
📓
🌻