Recharging Your Car's Air Conditioning (Freon)

Category Cars
Recharging the air conditioner in your car can be very easy. Here is how to recharge your car's air conditioning (freon).

Summer's here and having cold blowing air conditioning is a must have! It isn't the greatest time to refill air conditioning at the auto shops or dealership now because they'll charge a leg and an arm for a 15 minute simple recharge of freon. I called a couple of places and the average cost was $100. I didn't even bother calling the dealership because I knew it would cost more.

My fiancé and I were inspired to recharge our freon ourselves after watching a couple of video tutorials online. We watched them twice, roughly 10 minutes of our time, then we went to Walmart to purchase a can of AC Pro Professional Formula Refrigerant for $35.

Then, we went home and watched the video once more for 5 minutes and followed the tutorial. We were able to recharge the car's freon in 15 minutes. The car now blows cold air!

In conclusion: It took us 15 minutes of watching the tutorial, 15 minutes to recharge the car's freon and 30 minutes round trip to go to Walmart. We took out one hour of our time and saved $65.

*If you live in the state of California, you will get $10 CRV back if you recycle the can back to the store.

Link: Inspiration Video