CondimentsRecipes

Recipe for Hamburger Relish

Years ago in Florida I used to buy hamburger relish. We all liked it. Now in Georgia we can not find it. :( It was made of ketchup and pickle relish. I need a recipe, maybe other ingredients too.

Have a Nice Day :)

If it is relish ketchup, you can get the recipe here:

www.foodnetwork.com/.../relish-ketchup-recipe-1915536

You might want to try a chow chow recipe such as the one at
www.thespruceeats.com/chow-chow-green-tomato-relish-3059158 and simply add ketchup to the jar of chow chow before serving it. I make this chow chow and add the amount of ketchup I desire to the chow chow before serving it as a dip with chips or putting it on beans, hamburgers or hotdogs. If you're looking for an easier option, find a relish or chow chow you like at a farmer's market or grocery store and add ketchup to it before serving it.

Yum!!! Now I am hungry!! See if you like this version

www.epicurious.com/.../old-fashioned-hamburger-relish-50023873

Don't worry if you don't have tumeric... still tasty!

Best way to go is with veggies fresh from the garden! Wish I could still do that!

This is by far the best recipe for this relish! I make this during the summer months to use on our BBQ hamburgers. It is the best recipe I have found yet!

It's kinda odd sometimes when I read a posting on ThriftyFun and it reminds me of something I liked in my past that has been "temporarily" forgotten. Hamburger Relish is one of those things.

• We always called it hamburger relish because "hamburger" (with bread or without) was the only time it was on our table.
  • My mother made it with fresh tomatoes (everyone had a garden) but I made it with Ketchup for my children and I just added Ketchup, relish, onions, mustard, vinegar, and sugar until it tasted "just right" and everyone loved it.
  • Ad

• I think Judy has the simplest recipe but this one sounds interesting because it is a copycat of Bick's Classic Hamburger Relish that is no longer available (it was good).
  • www.allrecipes.com/.../