Recycling Worn Out Clothing

Category Recycling
You can use old worn out clothing for rags once the buttons and zippers are removed. You may have a craft use for some of the undamaged fabric pieces.

I have a lot of pajamas that are worn out and have holes in the knit fabric. I hate to just trash them and Goodwill won't take stuff like this. Does anyone know where I might recycle fabric like this? Surely someone could use this fabric for something?

Answers

Best Answer

Check with stores like H&M. My understanding is they take all types of clothing items and recycle them.

Here is a link with some info:

about.hm.com/.../recycle-your-clothes.html

I have heard they give coupons for purchases there if donate items. We don't have one nearby me, that I know of, so I have not tested it!! I hope you have one near you and that they take it!

So good of you to worry about this. So many people don't. We have so much waste and excess out there it is sad. I wish more people cared!!!

Post back with an update!

Best Answer

It seems your items are no longer usable as clothing but they should make excellent rags.

Since this material is probably mostly cotton, I believe the best place to try would be your local Humane Society as they use lots of cotton rags for clean up and bedding.

Animal shelters would take some of it.

You could up-cycle your old pajamas if you wanted.

Salvage fabric pieces, zippers, buttons for craft projects or something else.

You can check if this is available near you to recycle old clothes: http://atrscorp.com