Refreshing Wipes and Keeping Them Moist

Wet wipes are just as great for personal adult use as they are for babies. I buy them initially in a container, and then refill the container with the refill packets. Wipes have a tendency to dry out, so as not to waste any I will mix the few dried out old wipes in the container with the new ones (which are usually very wet). This way, the drier wipes absorb the moisture of the new ones.

I also keep the plastic wrapping of the refills and put the wipes in it, around 3/4 of it, all except the top, where they are pulled out. This also helps to keep the wipes moist longer! Of course, I recycle the containers, and only buy refills for them as long as the container lasts. I keep it by my toilet for easy access.

P.S. The microfiber of the dried out wipes with some fusible webbing or fabric glue can be used as a patch material or reinforcement when sewing.

By pam munro from Los Angeles, CA

Pam, you shared great ideas, thanks. I got frustrated when mine dried out. I found it easier to turn the whole container upside down then next time right side up. None have dried out since.

Keeper

I hadn't thought about the microfiber aspect of the wipes as reinforcement for sewing! Thanks for that! However, any dried wipes I have can be instantly re-newed by dousing them with distilled water.