Remedies for Hair Loss

I am suffering from hair loss so please give me advise how to stop this and also some food and home remedies as well.

By Samreen

Hi - I had always had very thick hair until a few years ago when I developed a thyroid problem. My hair started falling out by large amounts with every brushing and my doctor really had no advice except to wait until my medication took effect and maybe that would stop the thinning.

A friend told me to try Biotin as that had helped her. I have now used Biotin for several years and my hair is back as thick as before and I see only a few hairs with each brushing.

The following is some information I found on a doctor web site that I give to all my friends who have this problem. I take a Biotin supplement of 5,000 Meg a day and it has helped my hair and my nails to return to a healthy state.

Biotin: This is a B vitamin of importance for healthy hair. Good sources of biotin include: brewer's yeast, bulgur wheat, lentils, sunflower seeds, soybeans, and walnuts.

Try Google with "how to stop hair loss" and you will see a lot of information (including ads) but you will also find a lot of good info.

I have thin hair (it's a family curse!), but I've used Minoxidil (generic brand of Rogaine) for several years and it seems to help as long as I use it every day. I use it before I go to bed. Hope this helps you!