Removing Burned Smell from Microwave

My microwave smells and is stained after burning corn dogs. How do I clean it?

By Linda

Best Answer

Cut a lemon in half and squeeze into a bowl. Add the lemon halves to the bowl and microwave on high for 90 seconds to 2 minutes. This should leave a lemon scent in the microwave.

Best Answer

To help with the smell I would suggest using the lemon as the other poster suggested but also baking soda. I placed baking soda on a plate about two cups worth spread out over the plate and left in microwave over night. The next day I re-cleaned, re-lemoned and placed a new plate with fresh baking soda and left it over night.

Took about five days of cleaning using lemon and baking soda to put a dent in the burnt popcorn smell. I had a brown stain that I never was able to get rid of fully.

I recently burnt the microwave popcorn and I have not been able to get rid of the smell completely. However, I read and tried that non acetone nail polish remover will clean the stain up. It has worked, but it is a lot of work doing this. I have not been able to get it all
out of the microwave yet. Then I clean up the nail polish remover too.