Removing Lubricating Oil Smell from Refrigerator?

My friend gave me a fridge that smells like oil. He used mystery oil to keep the freezer door from squeaking. The door works fine, but I can't seem to get the oil smell out. Do you have any suggestions?

By Ann O.

How long ago did he apply the soil? The odor should subside in time. If you can't stand, try watching the areas where you think the oil may have been with dawn dish soap. It should remove the oil and the odor. The squeak may come back. For that you could try a little vegetable oil instead.

Also, slice up oranges and put them in the fridge to help absorb the bad odor. I've found they're much more effective than baking soda.

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesSeptember 4, 2012
🐛
🌻
🐰
👒
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Removing-Lubricating-Oil-Smell-from-Refrigerator.html