Removing Super Glue from Eyeglasses Frame

How do I remove super glue from the frame of my glasses? The right side of the frame that sits on your ear came off. I tried to fix it with super glue. Can I soak that piece in alcohol? There is a little hole that I need to get it out of.

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

Alcohol will not help super glue. If you are trying to remove it try a little nail Polish remover (acetone). It is one of the few things that will dissolve it. Apply it with a very fine tip something to get it down into the hole. Please try it on something that will not get ruined. By all means do Not try it on your glasses. Each thing reacts differently and you could possibly damage you glasses if you get it on the wrong place.

I never had to remove super glue before, let alone eye glasses but researching it looks like there are a few methods that can work.

- Removing with water, alcohol, acetone, or toothpaste.

Reference:
http://www.howt  rom-eye-glasses/

I've had to do that before-- Nail polish remover in small circles with a soft cloth worked for me.

Step 1
Mix some ammonia-free dish liquid in water to make suds.

Step 2
Dip a soft cloth folded together in the soapy water to get it wet, then press it over the glue.

Step 3
Wrap plastic wrap around the damp cloth to keep in the moisture.

Step 4
Let the glue soak for several (at least 3) hours.

Step 5
Remove the plastic wrap and use the damp cloth to wipe off the softened glue.

Step 6
Be sure to only use warm water, not hot.

Step 7
You can also use achohol,acetone,and tooth paste.

Eye Glass frames are made of different materials so be sure whatever method you try will not damage the surface (or even melt) your frames.

Step 1
If removing the super glue from a small hole is all you are trying to do then set up materials in an open area and get either a straight pin, regular pin or a good strong needle that will fit in the hole.

Step 2
There are several solutions to try so maybe you will have access to at least one of them.

Step 3
If only working on opening the small hole you can try pouring a small amount of any suggested solutions (finger nail polish remover, alcohol or soap and warm water) and dipping the needle/straight pin and punching in the hole. It may take sever tries but it should work.

Step 4
Beware of using acetone (in finger nail polish remover) on glass surfaces that have coatings as other chemicals in the acetone-containing product can corrode the coatings and sealants away.

Step 5
Remember that acetone and fingernail polish are highly flammable so do not let anyone near this operation who is smoking and do not do this near a gas stove.

Step 6
I have used Goof-Off to remove super glue from my fingers and several other surfaces and it always worked with no damage to other surfaces.

Hopefully one of these suggestions will work but i would suggest the next time you have a problem like this try taking it to where you purchased your glasses as they will many times do repairs free of charge.