Removing Wood Stain From Vinyl Siding

Category Miscellaneous
Spills happen, but can be very frustrating and often difficult to clean up, especially when they involve wood stain type products. This is a guide about removing wood stain from vinyl siding.

How do I remove sealer from vinyl siding? I got my brother to help me stain and seal my fence about a month ago. It got all over my house and a small section of my neighbors'. We tried to clean up the stain on the siding with mineral spirits and Goof Off. Now the finish has a nice glossy sheen to it. I would like that gone. I've used Goof Off, mineral spirits, and gasoline. Nothing seems to get the stuff off. It keeps smearing a thin layer of stain. Please help.

Carsten from Raleigh

Answers

(submitted via email)
To remove the red wood stain, buy a quart of vmp naptha. It will reactivate the stain. good luck

north141

Anonymous

for hard spots use fingernail polish remover it does wonders on just about any type of stain and spill (acetone)

How can I remove deck stain from the siding on the house? It's already "set".

By cajun62234 from Collinsville

Answers

This research is strictly done for vinyl siding:
"Clear" PVC cleaner removes deck stains on vinyl siding and another website stated to use mineral spirit. It appears the stains on your siding are more of a permanent nature as they're set in over a period of time and not removed immediatley.

Another site suggested using the magic erasers for stubborn areas that didn't come off easily after a fresh splatter of stain gets on siding. It is also suggested that you go to the store where you purchased the stain such as Lowe's or Home Depot and inquire what product they sell for removal of the type of chemicals used in the product you purchased. Let us know please what product worked for wood stain removal.

The former owner of our cottage splashed deck stain all over the lower row of off white vinyl siding on two sides of the cottage. We've tried Clorox, blue Dawn, GoofOff, another product guaranteed to remove all adhesive products called Contractor's Remover, and gasoline. Nothing touched it. Suggestions please?

By Eileen B