Repairing Cat Scratches on a Leather Sofa

My cat has put some scratches on my leather sofa. Does anyone know how to cover these marks? Thanks.

By brenda chouinard from Brampton, On

Best Answer

I used a dark paste shoe polish on my dark brown furniture. Worked good.

I looked at this and other websites to find a fast and inexpensive way to fix the little nicks and small tears on our black leather sofa. I didn't want my husband to see the damage our new kitten had done and was really worried that he'd notice right off the bat. I looked in our drawers in our house and found a black non permanent marker. In most small cases, your kitten or whatever, has scratched your leather just enough where you can see the small flap and a little bit of white, which is the backside of the leather.

If you take a small non perm. marker and slightly dot the white marks, and under the little flaps and wait about 1 minute. After letting air dry take a moist towel, napkin, whatever, and swipe it across the area 2 times. Trust me it works just fine. if you are a little worried, try a spot on the bottom back side you your leather and compare the result. This was fast easy and cheap. Also, its been weeks and my husband still hasn't said a word, that alone is proof. Good luck.

Home and Garden Repair Furniture SofasApril 7, 2009
🐛
📓
🌻