TablesFurniture

Repairing Damaged Wood Table Finish

I have a new table and I thought movers had damaged the finish as it looked like ink spots on it. I used a mild abrasive to try to remove this area. Now that area is shiny. I evidently removed the dull satin finish. Come to find out this spot on the table was not a defect and was part of the irregular finish. But now I have ruined the finish and it is shiny in that spot now. Help? How can I retain the original dull satin finish?

If it were mine, I would first check with the store where I bought it and get their feedback. Hopefully they'll give you the safest diy method. You may even have a warranty that you can invoke. Can't hurt to ask! Post back what you learn!